Part 90 - Glasgow


After 100,000km by air, land, and sea - to 25 countries spread across 5 continents, 3,500+ photos and videos, and just the three trips to foreign hospitals, this journey finally comes to an end. Actually, it ended over a week ago - I've just not got round to writing this. I'm sad that it's over, but I'm happy to be back. 

A bit like the Mona Lisa, you can't really tell if I'm smiling or not

I was going to take photos of being reunited with all my chums and then I completely forgot. Since I got back, I got soaked (twice) going to Steven McCurrach's brilliant wedding and went to the wettest Scotland match ever (it was delayed nearly two hours while they swept the pitch). 

Steven's wedding

This will be the last blog post (until I go away again anyway). I'm not too sure a blog about the cost of living and having lots of life admin to do would make for compelling reading.

A couple of things:

  • AGAINST ALL ODDS, I managed to get a refund from my bank for the South Korean hotel that ripped me off (and hotels.com refusal to do anything about it). 
  • AND ON THE SAME DAY, I got paid in full for splitting my head open in Thailand. It really does pay to be a clumsy oaf. 

I never thought I'd be self-indulgent enough to write over 60,000 words across 92 blog articles, but cheers to anyone who has read even a fraction of it. 

I'm shite at goodbyes, so goodbye. 

Comments

Hey ! Nice job! Congratulations 🥳 Nice to see you made it home safely.. just got Around Ireland With A Fridge today :) We’re in Ottawa when you are next in Ontario 👍
Richie said…
Glad you made it back safely! I'm off to Ontario in September... can't wait... I think I need a holiday :)
Cosmin said…
What a journey mate! Better than Indiana Jones. In fact you are El Richiardo!
Richie said…
You are too kind Cosmin. Get your arse to Glasgow soon!
Mar said…
I loved reading your adventure around the world!!!